PROVIDING QUALITY COACHING FOR ALL
Since our start in 2006, Diamond Tennis Academy has been passionate about making a lasting difference to our community. We do this by making sure our players enjoy the journey of improvement so that they can compete at the level they aspire to: whether that’s against friends and family on holiday, in the local park or competing in leagues or competitions, we cater for all abilities. Our coaching schedule runs throughout the year during term time and, with our dedicated indoor tennis courts at the Cardiff City House of Sport facility, rain never stops us from playing!
- We have a passion for giving players the tools to achieve their goals. Teaching solid fundamental skills set players up with the skills required to play tennis for life, whatever the level.
- Recreational players who are keen to improve and join a club, or play in local tennis leagues: our coaching can help refine and strengthen your existing skills, and work into the move advanced technical and strategic aspects of tennis to help you step up.
- In addition to standard full court tennis, we provide a comprehensive range of short-court tennis programs (both for juniors and adults) to give players an accessible, affordable introduction (or platform to develop skills) to tennis. The reduced scale court, smaller rackets and foam balls allow anyone to play and enjoy, but also promotes the development of fundamental skills that transfer to full court tennis.
- Our links with local tennis clubs allow players the flexibility to train with us and also compete for their club: this is a great way to access coaching throughout the year at an indoor facility whilst retaining the benefits of playing and representing a tennis club.
- We continue to cultivate partnerships with other organisations and communities to help the Cardiff City House of Sport’s ongoing development.
Coaching Venues (visit Teaching Courses page for more information)
Cardiff City House of Sport 3
Clos Parc Morgannwg
View directions to House of Sport and parking information
Cowbridge Leisure Centre
Bear Field, The Broad Shoard
View directions to Cowbridge Leisure Centre
Cardiff Medics Sports & Social club (Heath Hospital)
University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park
What Our Members Are Saying:
“My kids (aged 3 and 5) started off with Diamond Tennis Academy over a year ago and are now attending the Tots and Under 8 tennis sessions. The training they have received from mature, experienced coaches has been exceptional. The coach has the rare skill of engaging toddlers for an hour, so they have fun, exercise and learn to hit the balls. My kids love tennis practice. It’s really good value for money compared to some of the other classes we do and we are delighted with the new indoor courts. The class sizes have been small which has been great in developing my kids’ confidence and they now love to join in every second of the hour. Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put into the toddlers and Under 8s. My kids and I think Diamond Tennis is fantastic and we are planning to be members for many years to come” – (Adele, member since 2009)
“I started as a complete beginner in the Adult Learner Sessions at Diamond Tennis Academy in 2008 and I think it is one of the most enjoyable things I have ever done. The coaches are fantastic; really knowledgeable, patient, helpful and very encouraging. I have worked mostly with Sena over the last couple of years and he is brilliant. I find the way the sessions are divided up through each term particularly helpful as we focus on different areas each week and build both confidence and skills as we go. The group is friendly and supportive, and we live in the hope that Sam, our social secretary, will organise a night out by the end of the decade! My tennis has improved beyond all recognition and although I have a long way to go, I’m keeping going and getting better week after week. I do think that the Diamond Tennis Academy have helped me learn how to play and enjoy a sport I have always loved watching, and that’s a brilliant thing” – (Sarah, member since 2008)
“My son has been a member of Diamond Tennis Academy for a couple of years and has benefited from the expert coaching and personal mentoring that has seen his LTA rating improve significantly. Coaches are knowledgeable, friendly and approachable, providing a supportive environment for personal development. He really enjoys the way the academy sessions are run, providing a good balance of fun, skills development and competitive tennis” – (Ian, member since 2008)