PROVIDING QUALITY COACHING FOR ALL
At Diamond Tennis Academy, set up in 2006, we are passionate about making a lasting difference to our community. We do this by making sure our players are gaining enjoyment through their improvement so that they can compete at whatever level they want. Against friends and family on holiday, in the local park or school with mates, or competing in local tennis competitions. We run year-round tennis coaching and playing programmes for all ages and abilities, and with our dedicated indoor tennis courts at the Cardiff City House of Sport venue, rain never stops play here!
· We have a passion for giving our players the tools to achieve their dreams and feel we can add great value with starter players of all ages. Teaching the players solid basic skills has given them the skills to play tennis for life, whatever their goal.
· We also enjoy working with recreational players who are keen to improve so that they can join a club, play in local tennis leagues, beat their friend, enjoy a social game with the family.
· Providing indoor value for money sessions which are assessable to all is key for us and we do this through touch tennis. This is a modified version of tennis played on a scaled down court with smaller rackets and foam balls. This allows anyone to pick up a racket and enjoy a game quickly. It also means that we can provide the balls and rackets thus keeping the cost down for customers.
· We have links with local clubs and some of our players train with us and then compete for a club. This way they get the best of both worlds, the year round coaching at an indoor centre and the benefits of playing in a tennis club.
· Our partnerships with other organisations is growing all the time and is focused about making the best use of the Cardiff City House of sport which has excellent facilities for a number of sports.
Venues (visit Coaching page for information on sessions running at each venue)
Diamond Tennis Academy, office House of Sport, Clos Parc Morgannwg, Cardiff CF11 8AW.
- Cardiff City House of Sport 3
- View directions to House of Sport and parking information
Cardiff Medics Sports and social club (Heath Hospital)
- View directions to CMSSC
What Our Members Are Saying:
“My kids (aged 3 and 5) started off with Diamond Tennis Academy over a year ago and are now attending the Tots and Under 8 tennis sessions. The training they have received from mature, experienced coaches has been exceptional. The coach has the rare skill of engaging toddlers for an hour, so they have fun, exercise and learn to hit the balls. My kids love tennis practice. It’s really good value for money compared to some of the other classes we do and we are delighted with the new indoor courts. The class sizes have been small which has been great in developing my kids’ confidence and they now love to join in every second of the hour. Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put into the toddlers and Under 8s. My kids and I think Diamond Tennis is fantastic and we are planning to be members for many years to come” – (Adele, member since 2009)
“I started as a complete beginner in the Adult Learner Sessions at Diamond Tennis Academy in 2008 and I think it is one of the most enjoyable things I have ever done. The coaches are fantastic; really knowledgeable, patient, helpful and very encouraging. I have worked mostly with Sena over the last couple of years and he is brilliant. I find the way the sessions are divided up through each term particularly helpful as we focus on different areas each week and build both confidence and skills as we go. The group is friendly and supportive, and we live in the hope that Sam, our social secretary, will organise a night out by the end of the decade! My tennis has improved beyond all recognition and although I have a long way to go, I’m keeping going and getting better week after week. I do think that the Diamond Tennis Academy have helped me learn how to play and enjoy a sport I have always loved watching, and that’s a brilliant thing” – (Sarah, member since 2008)
“My son has been a member of Diamond Tennis Academy for a couple of years and has benefited from the expert coaching and personal mentoring that has seen his LTA rating improve significantly. Coaches are knowledgeable, friendly and approachable, providing a supportive environment for personal development. He really enjoys the way the academy sessions are run, providing a good balance of fun, skills development and competitive tennis” – (Ian, member since 2008)